Braces Update - November 2012

/ quinta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2012 /
Hello everybody :)

So yesterday I had an appointment with my ortho. First and foremost, I gotta say - it hurt. A lot. I'm not much of a complainer, but my teeth hurt alot during braces tightning, after and still hurt. They are really sore.

But you know what? When it comes to braces, when it hurts it's a good sign. No pain, no gain.

What did I do at the appointment?

If you're new to braces world, you need to know this. Every month, you go to your orthodontist to get your braces tightned. It does sound scary, but it is not a medieval torture. The braces feel tighter when the new ligatures are put on because of the renewed pressure on the teeth.

Appointment's steps:
1. The orthodontic assistant removed my elastic ligatures (the little rubber bands that hold each bracket to the arch wire).
2. The orthodontist examined me and I didn't need a new arch wire. Depending on the situation, a new arch wire may be needed.
3. New elastic ligatures were put on - you can choose a different color, I've chosen pink again. In the first times this may hurt a little because of the pressure placed on the teeth.
4. And voilà.

And now the picture.

Front view


Right side


So this is how my seven-month journey looks like (April-November):




My next appointment is only in January 9th, 2013. So I guess I won't be comin' here for a while.

So, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance :)

Later,

**


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Linked.Wire, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger